Thursday, April 8, 2010

My story...part 3

I pray I can play catch up in this post...
He found a job doing manual labor rather quickly, eventually I even found another job. My job is in a totally different career but so far, I really enjoy it and have been told I'm quite good at it too. For months, we tried to live life as "normal" as we could. Well, eventually our lawyer contacted us and basically he had tried as hard as he could and he had postponed as long as he could but the "plea" was a 2 year prison sentence. This was devestating news for us all. Basically, my husband was punished because of "who he is". And yes, we were told that. So, a month ago, my husband began a 2 year prison sentence. I prayed up until the judge let the words come out of his mouth for a miracle. God had sent Abraham a ram to save Isaac from sacrifice and for a week, I prayed for a ram. I didn't get one. A month later, I'm still praying for a miracle. I pray that once the state looks at him they will send him home because our prisons are 108% overpopulated and this is a first offense with one charge. I pray for that but am prepared for a long 2 years.
Again, I don't think there are that many Christian women whose husbands are in jail out there...I may be wrong. I've found one www.adustyframe.com has been a wonderful source of inspiration to me. I've read several of her posts and cried because I felt like I was reading my own words. I don't think this is something that anyone who hasn't been through can fathom. It's not necessarily like divorce because he is coming back; it is like divorce in that I feel like "that" marriage is over. It's not quite like a separation because we can't really "work" on our marriage like we could if we were separated; it is like a separation because obviously, we are separated physically. It's not like a death because, I do get to talk to him and he will be home one day; it is like a death in that I've grieved the marriage that I thought I had and the husband that I thought I had. In 2 years when he returns, we have a lot of work to do on our marriage and people I'm sure wonder why would I want to...I just don't believe right now that God's plan for us is divorce.
Please pray for him, me and our daughter. Thanks for sharing this journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment