Thursday, April 8, 2010

Waiting...

For almost a whole year I've been in a season of waiting.
After losing my job, I was waiting on a new one.
We waited to find out the earthly consequences of D's actions.
Now we wait for him to return home.

When the movie "Fireproof" came out, we went to see it. I loved the movie and the music but never really thought that much about it after that. Last summer, I promise, EVERY time I was in my car I heard the song "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller from the Fireproof soundtrack. That has been one of my theme songs throughout this whole ordeal. I'm trying to worship in my waiting. Sometimes, I fall into a pit of anger, depression, anxiety, loneliness...but I think God understands us when we fall in those pits, as long as we look to HIM to help us out of it! In the 23rd Psalm He says we "walk through the valley", we don't sit in it, we don't lie down in the valley we WALK through the valley. I'm doing my best to walk through this valley. Some days are harder than others but as long as I'm shuffling forward, I'm ok. I know I've made mistakes on this journey and I'm sure I'll make more but regardless...He will be with me!

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment