Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My story...Part 2

After that fall of finding the drugs in his truck, like I said, I was very trusting. I've never known an "addict", I had NO clue what all of that entailed, all I knew was that the man I had loved for many years said he would quit and I was ok with that. Fast forward to May of 2009...I was out of town for work. He had mentioned having some of the guys over to play poker (something I wasn't ok with but wasn't willing to fight that battle). He called me that afternoon to say that his mother was going to take our little girl to her mother's house for the night. I said ok. That night, I had trouble with the hotel room that my company had booked for me so as I was aimlessly searching in this packed town for a room I tried calling him. He didn't answer and didn't answer and didn't answer. I was not happy with this situation. I tried again, this time someone answered but you could tell they had not meant to answer it. I heard men talking and I heard someone say "it looks like we got an iPhone"...I went nuts. Of course, I thought the worst, surely he had been robbed or something terrible like that. I immediately called his older brother who assured me that everything was probably fine. In the middle of all of this I had found a hotel room and proceeded to go to sleep. At 2:08 am my phone rang and it was my sister-in-law. Now that is a story all to itself but for now I'll just say that I figured it was a drunk call and decided not to answer. She called right back and I knew something was wrong. She told me to be calm and her next words were "D.....is in jail"...I don't remember much else but crying, throwing things, and wondering what in the world was happening. I managed to find out that he had sold some pot to an undercover cop. Now, remember, I am out of town working all weekend long. I stayed on the phone for a while and finally at around 4:30 got a shower and waited...I found my boss first thing and told him I had to go home. I got into town and went to the jail. I had NO clue what to do, could I see him? When could he get out? How does all this work?!?!?! I walked into the jail and a girl who was in our youth group with us in high school came out, I had no clue she worked there. She got me on the list for a visit later in the day. I went and told my parents and went back to see him. He was a wreck...his first question was "are you going to leave me?" At that point I told him it was way to early to discuss that but the fact I was there, looking at him through the glass was a good step. I was hateful to him during that visit...I wanted him to hurt as bad as I did. He got out the next Monday. He couldn't get out on Saturday because of "who he is" and that began our long process. He no longer had a job, obviously. A week later, neither did I. I was "guilty by association" even though I knew nothing.

My next post, I'll play catch up to present day and begin the purpose of this blog. I want this to be a ministry tool to people like me...I don't think there are many of us out there! I want to be an encouragement to others. I KNOW God has a purpose for all of this and I want Him to be glorified through me. For the past 10 months and especially in the past few weeks all I've heard is "you are such a strong woman"...I don't think I'm strong at all but I KNOW that HE is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment