Thursday, March 25, 2010

My story...Part 1

So, welcome to my blog. I decided to start this blog because I just don't think there are that many "ministries" out there for Christian wives of Christian husbands who also happen to be in jail. I am going to try to tell my story as short as possible, no promises though. I grew up in church. My dad was in the ministry for most of my life. I met D at church, we began dating when I was in the 10th grade and have been together ever since. That makes 14 years that we've been together, also known as half of my life. In high school I was never a part of the "bad crowd", neither was he. His senior year we broke up for a while and in that time, he experimented with drinking. (I didn't have my first alcholic beverage until I was 19) We got back together the summer before he left for college. We went to colleges that were about an hour away from each other. During this time, he began doing things that I didn't approve of and he knew it. I am an avoider...I avoid things, and because I didn't allow him to smoke pot around me, I avoided it. After graduation, we got married. Being the avoider that I am, I never asked about drugs because I just assumed that once the parties were over, so was that. Now, let me say that I had never seen nor smelled pot in my life, much less been around someone who I knew was high. We lived a great life, yes he drank, at times way more than I liked and that was about the only thing we fought about early in our marriage. After 2 and a half years of marriage, we started trying for a baby and finally had M. At that time, he had begun his dream job. About 9 months later, I got my dream job. For the sake of privacy, all I'll add for now is that we live in a small town and his dream job was a very respected one. Life was perfect...or so I thought. In October of 2008, I had to move his truck and quite by accident, as I was turning around in the seat to look out the back glass, the center console opened. I looked in the console and found a little plastic bag with what I knew was pot in it. As I said, I've never seen the stuff but I knew that was it. I had NO clue what to do, remember, I am an avoider. So avoid I did. For about 4 days I was quiet with him and finally he asked what was wrong and I told him what I found. Now, I will also add that at this time, we were active members in our large (for a small town) church, even taught Sunday School. The morning I told him that I found it was a Sunday morning. He fell apart (he is an emotional man). He even went up front to pray with the preacher during the invitation. I remember going over the list of what all he could lose by doing this: his job, his child and me! He said he'd quit. I believed him and never mentioned it again, again, I'm an avoider! I will stop for now and continue the story later.
My hope for this blog is for women who are facing or are in similar situations know that they can have peace! I pray that I can show how God is using this storm in my life through this blog. Also, I pray that if there are any women out there in my shoes wondering how they will make it, that we can encourage one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment